Successful accomplishment of the Network’s goals requires partnering and working collaboratively with a number of agencies, institutions, departments and individuals in the state of Arizona who also have an investment in the health and safety of our college-aged youth. We invite you to become a partner and supporter of the AZIHE Network by doing the following:
- Become familiar with college alcohol and other drug use and violence issues and learn about AOD use and violence behaviors among Arizona college students, including the healthy behaviors that characterize the majority of youth.
- Support and promote campus policy and enforcement that discourages student substance abuse and violence.
- Support campus programs and community venues that increase student access to substance-free social and volunteer activities.
- Include and involve the AZIHE Network in statewide substance abuse and violence prevention/intervention planning.
- Support local, state and national legislation to reduce heavy/high-risk drinking, other drug use and violence among youth.
- Support fund development for college substance abuse and violence prevention and intervention activities.
For more information about the AZIHE Network, or for information about joining or partnering with the AZIHE Network, please contact:
AZIHE Network Meetings
The AZIHE Network gathers for face-to-face meeting three times per year in the Phoenix area.
AZIHE Network Trainings
The AZIHE Network offers at least one professional training each year as part of the regular Network meetings. In the past few years, training has been provided on: suicide prevention, Step Up! Bystander Intervention Training, tobacco-free campus policy, and the relationship between mental health, AOD use/abuse and violence.
AZIHE Network members attend a number of professional conferences throughout the country and provide information from these conferences back to the members through emails and discussions at the regular meetings. These conferences include (but are not limited to):
American College Health Association (ACHA) Annual Meeting
National Association of School Personnel Administrators (NASPA) Annual Conference
NASPA Alcohol and Other Drug and Violence Prevention Conference
NASPA Mental Health Conference
National Prevention Network Research Conference
For more information about upcoming events, or to be added to the AZIHE Network email list, please contact Peggy Glider, Ph.D. at email@example.com.